Thursday 10 December 2015

My Experiences

While education is very important, I did my best to gain vital experience whilst studying so I can use the skills I have learned in the classroom, as well as gain new ones. My experiences have been amazing, and I am sure the skills I have gained working on various projects would prove to be vital in your team!

Everton Football Club January 2013 – October 2015
Liverpool, UK
Social Inclusion Coach
My role included working alongside Everton in the Community’s “Pass on the Memories” programme that works with those living with dementia and “Stand Together”, a new programme designed to help reduce social isolation in older people. The duties included:
  • ·         Planning public events, from research, venue hire, booking entertainment and arranging special guests and local organisations for information stalls.
  • ·         Running the project’s social media pages to promote the programme as well as keep participants and partners up to date with the events of the programme.
  • ·         Planning (arranging appropriate activities, speakers and trips) and delivering a programme for those diagnosed with dementia and their carers.
  • ·         Evaluating the impact of the projects and analysing other various data.
  • ·         Delivering Dementia Friends sessions to employees of the club to work towards becoming the first “Dementia Friendly” stadium, as well as to members of the public to contribute to a wider understanding.
  • ·         Working alongside other community groups to create effective strategies in raising awareness, such as the Liverpool Dementia Action Alliance.


Liverpool Hope University September 2010 – July 2015
Liverpool, UK
Student Ambassador
Alongside my studies, I worked with the University’s Reprographics/Media Services department, which included:
  • ·         Various printing and designing for internal and external personal and marketing needs.
  • ·         Administration work, including the handling of departmental financial data.
  • ·         Serving customers in the University shop, tidying the shop, cashing up and restocking as needed.
  • ·         In addition, I have performed front desk duties, including student post and secretarial work.
  • ·         I have also worked alongside incoming international students as a mentor during their time in Liverpool, including inductions and planning cultural events.

 ___
While studying, I gained work experience in fan engagement and journalism with Everton Football Club, Liverpool Football Club and the Liverpool Echo. The experiences allowed me to develop new skills I couldn't get strictly in a classroom, as well as new found confidence. They allowed me to create blogs and articles that were published. I really enjoyed myself during my work experiences! Below is a bit more detail into my responsibilities:

Everton Football Club  August 2014 – November 2014
Liverpool, UK
Work Experience as Marketing and Communications Assistant
I was given the opportunity to assist in the Marketing and Communications department at Everton on a volunteer level. My projects have included:
  • ·         Assisting the Supporter Liaison Officer with fans’ forums.
  • ·         Planning an upcoming open training day.
  • ·         Assisting in the development of the club’s Away Fan Initiative for the 2014/15 season. This has involved researching ideas and appropriate away venues for travelling supporters, and then assisting in coordinating the away trip.


Liverpool Echo March 12, 2012 – March 16, 2012
Liverpool, UK
Work Experience in Journalism
I was involved with:
  • ·         General newsgathering for local stories for daily publication, including producing stories in education and sport.
  • ·         Observing interviews and attended a pre-match football press conference.


Liverpool Football Club May 3, 2011 – May 13, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Work Experience in Journalism
·         My main focus was on digital media and to assist in the promotion of the club’s own social media site. To do this, I produced a blog for the club to put on social media.
·         I also produced nine stories relating to the club published on the official website.

Don't forget you always connect with me via LinkedIn!

No comments:

Post a Comment